Welcome to Our Synagogue!
We are an open and inviting congregation for anyone seeking to connect to Jewish community, tradition, study and worship. Our members come from all parts of Monmouth County. Click here to view this wonderful video to see what we are all about. We are affiliated with the Union for Reform Judaism and combine contemporary values with classical teachings of Torah. We are eager to connect with you so please do not hesitate to contact us at 732-747-9365 if you cannot immediately find what you need on this website. Visit our Membership Page. Or take a look at our busy Calendar and our latest Weekly Email Blast. Or peruse our ever-growing Gallery of activities and events! There truly is something for everyone!
During this period of Rabbinic transition, Cantor Gabrielle Clissold – our wonderful full-time Cantor – is available for your spiritual, pastoral, and life cycle event needs.
- Shabbat Services have been ongoing, including our popular First Friday and Visual Worship services
- Our High Holy Day services were in person with excellent attendance
- All services are livestreamed (except for our Visual Worship services and summer Beach Shabbat)
- All classes of our Religious School have been active throughout the school year, in person!
- We have a full slate of adult education and other programming. Check our packed calendar for details!
We do have the following Mask Policy, which conforms to the updated CDC and NJ State Guidelines:
- Masks are now Optional when attending services or food events related to services
- Masks are no longer required in our hallways, bathrooms, and kitchen. Masks are optional during Religious School. For group meetings, mask usage is at the discretion of the host.
- PLEASE Stay home if you have any signs of fever or illness. And for the protection of everyone in our community, please get vaccinated.
We look forward to seeing you in whatever way you can join us!
Socialize with Us!
Our Men’s Club and Sisterhood provide many opportunities to meet with other congregants. Sisterhood-sponsored events provide something for everyone. There are monthly book clubs and speakers, Supper in the Sukkah, the Purim Party, as well as the wonderful Apple Cake & Honey and Sh’lach Manot fundraisers. The Men’s Club meets monthly followed by a friendly game of poker. They excel in the kitchen serving up a great “Tail-gate Party” at the Monday night Minyan and Football or serving a gourmet Home-cooked Breakfast on Mother’s Day.
Worship With Us!
Every Friday night is special at Monmouth Reform Temple. Our services, led by various Guest Rabbis (including Rabbi Emerita Sally J. Priesand) and Cantor Gabrielle Clissold, are spiritually uplifting and filled with joyful music. And for worshiping at home, we have prepared a wonderful Holiday Handbook! And now, you can enjoy Live Streaming of our services!
Learn With Us!
We offer innovative classroom experiences for Kindergarten through 7th grade, Mitzvah Academy for 8th and 9th grade, and Confirmation classes with the Rabbi for 10th grade and beyond. Meeting days and times can be found in the Youth Learning section of our website (K – 6th, 7 – 9th, and Confirmation).
Our enriching Adult Jewish Learning program provides various forums for learning. The annual Shabbat Kallah and Scholar-in-Residence weekends always feature a timely topic by a celebrated lecturer. More informal opportunities occur with our Saturday morning Torah Study group and – from time to time – a Tuesday morning study group on various topics.
There are members of our Congregation who are very sensitive to scents. MRT strives to provide a “Scent Free” environment in our building. The MRT community asks that you avoid wearing scents of any kind when coming to our facility and we ask you to tell your guests who visit with us. Thank you for being our partner in creating a “Scent-Free” environment.